[svk-devel] unexpected behavior with pull

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Tue Mar 6 17:48:02 EST 2007

I have a project (http://svn.project.org/) full svn repo mirrored as
//mirror/project. This project has several branches which can be found at
something like //mirror/project/branches/foo
(http://svn.project.org/branches/foo). And branch foo was at one point copied
from from another branch "bar" (http://svn.project.org/branches/bar). This copy
wasn't done in my svk setup but is the way project exists in svn.

Now, I setup a local checkout of the "foo" branch like so:

svk co //mirror/project/branches/foo project_foo

I do some work then commit my changes. My changes get pushed to the svn server
since it's a checkout of the mirror instead of a checkout of a local copy.
That's fine and dandy. But then when I do an svk pull it actually pushes changes
back, not just to http://svn.project.org/branches/foo but also to
http://svn.project.org/branches/bar.

This is causing me some headaches. Is something wrong with my setup? Or is this
a bug? Or am I not understanding how it's supposed to work?
Thanks.

--
Michael Peters
Developer