[svk-devel] "Large" commit fails ¿why? ¿can I split it?

Francisco Jose Peredo fperedo at sefintab.gob.mx
Tue Oct 2 15:51:37 EDT 2007

Hi to everybody in the list!
I am using svk to mirror a remote subversion server... the reason I am
mirroring it is because the network to reach that remote subversion is
not very stable... at the beginning everythin seemed fine... but then I
started having problems... I can not "smerge" to the remote svn when I
have "large" commits (changesets?)... and by large commits I mean about
350 small files (under 100kbytes each on average), or one single file of
over 1.5 Mbytes... (that is, they are not that "large")

The error I am getting is: RA layer request failed: PUT of
'/svn/!svn/wrk/484a3ea6-ce7a-5c48-af84-893fc3bd3
6af/grp/trunk/implementacion/sapnet/ayuda/p_ayuda_cedulas_archivos/slide0010_ima
ge010.png': Could not send request body: An existing connection was
forcibly closed by the
remote host. .   (http://10.10.1.26) Please sync mirrored path
/mirror/grp first.

Some times, if I try to smerge things a lot of times... it works... so
this problems seems to be intermitent (perhaps related to the network
inestability)... what can I do? I tried using --incremental to "split"
the changes sent to the remote server... and it seemed to help... but
now I am stuck again (I can not upload stuff to the remote server).

Any recommendations? Is there a trick I could use it to send stuff "file
by file"? or perhaps a way to demostrate the the problem is the network
(I know I said it is an unstable network, i know it by experience, but
the network guys here say it is not the network... any recommendations
to show they wrong and svk is doing thing fine? could something be
tweaked in the remote svn server extend the "timout period" (or
something like that)?

Thanks
Regards
Francisco
P.D. BTW I am working with svk 2.0.2 on Windows XP, that is connecting
to a remote SVN running over apache server...