[svk-users] What to do when a db/revs/nnn file is sitting on a bad sector

Daniel Jacobowitz drow at false.org
Sun Oct 14 11:48:25 EDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 08:07:59PM +0200, David Landgren wrote:
> List,
>
> it had to happen. I've had a sector go bad on my disk. And the sector in
> question has been allocated to ~/.svk/local/db/revs/1577. There are two
> subsequent revisions after that (1578 and 1579).
>
> Is there a way to recreate the file by looking at 1576 and 1578 and figuring
> out the difference?
>
> Other than that, how can I get revisions up to 1576 to the master repo? From
> there I could just tar up the current local state of affairs, untar it in an
> svn copy, and commit that.

You may want to look at the new recovery tool (I can't remember the
name) to be included in SVN 1.5.  Take a copy of the repository,
excluding revisions 1577, 1578, 1579, and then use it to recreate a
valid db/current file as if you were still at 1576.  SVK's depot is
just an FSFS SVN repository.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery