[svk-users] What to do when a db/revs/nnn file is sitting on a bad sector

David Landgren david at landgren.net
Sun Oct 14 12:47:01 EDT 2007

Jared Hardy wrote:
> On 10/13/07, David Landgren <david at landgren.net> wrote:
>> it had to happen. I've had a sector go bad on my disk. And the sector in
>> question has been allocated to ~/.svk/local/db/revs/1577. There are two
>> subsequent revisions after that (1578 and 1579).
>> Is there a way to recreate the file by looking at 1576 and 1578 and
>> figuring out the difference?

[...]

>     One hacky way around this might be to mirror a new .svk repository
> from your old one, and use "svk sync --torev 1576 ..." to stop it

Umm, how exactly do I do this? Bearing in mind that I mirror a number of
different remote repos. As luck would have it, the lost revisions belong
to a single repo.

svk depotmap --list says that depot // has a path of /home/david/.svk/local

If I read you right, I want to create a ~/.svk/local2 ?

Or do you mean I should take my current //local/project and sync it to
//local/project2? I thought sync works with //mirror only. Sorry to be
so dense. I've never needed to look below the hood before, and I'm a bit
lost.

Thanks,
David