[svk-users] Can only switch checkout root - WHY?

Jared Hardy jaredhardy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:22:07 EDT 2007

On 9/11/07, Rush Manbert <rush at manbert.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation. You're right about what I'm doing, which is
> why the original checkout sub-folders are empty. I guess I'm stuck with
> SVN for the client. :-(

Why are you stuck with SVN? If the sub-folders of the base branch are
empty, then checking out the sub-folders with SVK from the alternate
"platform branches" should be trivial, and wont create merge issues
down the line. You just have to change your scripts to checkout and
update the root folder and each sub-folder individually, which
shouldn't be a big deal. You just don't want to allow any
add/commit/push actions to happen on the sub-folders from the root.

:) Jred