[svk-users] How to initialise an svn repo from a local svk repo

Matthew Draper matthew at trebex.net
Mon Sep 24 23:50:02 EDT 2007

Hi!

> I was working off-line, and needed to create a repository before the
> master svn repo existed. I'm not sure how to bootstrap the svn repo with
> the contents of the svk repo.
>
> I have the SVN repo:
>
> david at slothrop:~% svk pl -v svn://svn.mongueurs.net/WWW-Velib/trunk
> Properties on //mirror/WWW-Velib:
>    svm:source: svn://svn.mongueurs.net/WWW-Velib!/trunk
>    svm:uuid: cee75267-3469-dc11-a765-00306e02d86a
>
> and it is mirrored locally
> david at slothrop:~% svk pl -v //mirror/WWW-Velib
> Properties on //mirror/WWW-Velib:
>    svm:source: svn://svn.mongueurs.net/WWW-Velib!/trunk
>    svm:uuid: cee75267-3469-dc11-a765-00306e02d86a
>
> But the propert list for //local/WWW-Velib is empty. So I assume I have
> set up the two properties, and perhaps something for svk:merge:.

The short answer is smerge --baseless.

Once you've done that, however, push and pull won't work, because they
depend on the copy source. I believe Jesse was looking at providing a
way to override that a while ago, but don't know how far he got.

Other than that, the simplest way to get push and pull working is to
remove and re-copy your local branch after the merge.

Matthew

matthew at trebex.net