[svk-users] Conflict resolution problem when running SVK remotely using psexec

Mark Eichin eichin at metacarta.com
Tue Apr 8 14:50:25 EDT 2008

Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> writes:

> Balazs,
>

> How handy are you with Perl? It looks like something is going wrong
> for you around line 180 of lib/SVK/Util.pm. Getting a bit more
> debugging output into that routine might help track it down.
>
> -jesse
>
> On Apr 3, 2008, at 4:10 AM, Balazs Javor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a few SVK mirrors on a local server that I need to update
>> every now and then remotely.
>> However when I try to run a batch remotely using psexec it almost
>> works perfectly except when there is a conflict I get a Perl error
>> message instead of being able to select what to do by pressing the
>> appropriate key...
>>
>> The message I get is:
>> GetConsoleMode failed, LastError=|6| at C:/Program Files/svk/lib/
>> Term/ReadKey.pm line 264.
>>
>> Does anyone know a workaround around this?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance!

Actually that looks a lot like the GetKey problem I recently posted a
patch for on the dev list - basically, lots of things can make
Term::ReadKey fail (on unix, ssh without a tty is one of them - you
seem to be on windows so I don't know what the story is there) and you
just want to catch the exception.  If you look at that code, just
taking *out* the GetConsoleMode call is probably a short term
workaround, at least to see if that's the problem...