[svk-users] SVK mirror sync problem - quoted spaces in url

Fabian Walk f.walk at maul-theet.de
Tue Apr 15 03:47:18 EDT 2008

Hello,

Cheng-Lung Sung schrieb:
> Hi,
>     I forgot if I missed here, so I'd like to ask again,
>     what happened about if you not escape ' ' but just use
>
>     $ svk mi "file:///D:/User/Fabian/SCM/svn-testrep/Bruel and Kjaer" //mirror/BK
> [...]

when I wrote a file url in quotes ("") than the synchronization works.

If I try a http or https url than the following message is shown:

$ svk mi "http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel and Kjaer/" //mirror/BK
Bad URL passed to RA layer: Malformed URL for repository

When I try to use single quotes ('') than the following message is shown:

$ svk mi 'http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel and Kjaer/' //mirror/BK
'http://svn.maul-theet.de/Bruel is not a depot path.

I have test it at work on the Windows XP machine with the svk, version
v2.0.2 (using Subversion bindings 1.4.4).

If it help you to determinate the problem I can test the same on my
PowerBook at home with Mac OS X (10.4.x).

Thank you,
Fabian