[svk-users] SVK still alive?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 18 08:33:19 EDT 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 6:57 AM, Marko Käning wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> looking at the very low traffic on this list (compared to Mercurial's,
> Git's, SVN's) I wonder whether SVK is still alive OR alternatively
> simply
> *works* without big trouble...

Marko,

SVK does work without major trouble.

> There was a poll lately concerning used DVCSes and SVK did not evn
> appear
> there at all, so I am afraid SVK is declining... :(

It's certainly true that Git, Hg and bzr are definitely more popular.
That doesn't mean that SVK is dead or dying.

We've been hard at work on SVK 2.2. (Beta 1 came out about two weeks
ago: http://search.cpan.org/~clkao/SVK-v2.1.99_01/)

The most exciting new features (IMO) are the new branch and release
management tools built right into SVK

You can find out a bit more in the way of details here:

  	http://search.cpan.org/src/CLKAO/SVK-v2.1.99_01/CHANGES

We're not planning to abandon SVK or SVK's users any time in the near
future.

Best,
Jesse