[svk-users] moving information from .svk archive into new one

Rafal Maj user.svk at limcore.com
Sat Dec 6 11:17:25 EST 2008

Hello,

I would like to organize my files of SVK, and store the SVK files for some
projects not in the default ~/.svk path, but instead in ~/cre/SVK/free

This is easy for new project, just set env:

export SVKROOT=~/cre/SVK/free
in the console where you will do  svk operations

export SVKROOT=~/cre/SVK/free
svk mirror  http://svn.easysw.com/public/fltk/fltk/  //mirror/lib/fltk
svk sync   //mirror/lib/fltk

And now all files of that are stored on my disc in separate folder (for
backups/security/etc reasons).

But what if I want to do that with things already inside ~/.svk
without lengthy re-downloading of huge amount of data?

So, how to copy (or move) all the files (and their history etc)
from //lib/foo inside repository ~/.svk
into //foo inside repository ~/.svk-libs ?

While preserving all history, all dates and informations and everything.

If there is no such copy operation supported, then perhaps just
cp ~/.svk  ~/.svk-libs
and then erradicate all data insde ~/.svk-libs  except the data in ~/.svk-libs
(but I need to kill all the history and data of other things there
then //lib/foo)

In worst case I could by hand svk co each revision (using one SVK repo ~/.svk)
and then re-add it into other one, but then dates informations (and some other
stuff) would get lost probably.

--
Software & WWW - limcore.com