[svk-users] Is svk a real production option?

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Fri Feb 1 05:45:20 EST 2008

On 1 Feb 2008, at 05:43, Chris Hecker wrote:
[snip]
> What do others think, including CLK and the Best Practical folks?  I
> hope this is a worthy discussion topic, sorry if it's inappropriate.
[snip]

For what it's worth...

I'm using svk at $work with very few problems. We still keep a
central Subversion repo and mirror that on local machines. This means:
* Those that don't like SVK can just use vanilla Subversion or git-svn
* On the (very, very rare) occasion that SVK barfs  I can just go use
vanilla subversion - so no problem.

We have a culture of not having long-living developer only branches
though, so stuff gets committed to the central repo on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Adrian