[svk-users] svn mirror revision numbers differ

Andrew Sasak andrew.sasak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:46:23 EST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 10:36 AM, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Andrew Sasak wrote:
>
> > I have a mirror of a svn repo and the revision numbers differ. I
> > couldn't find anything about this in the faq or archives. Any idea
> > what could cause this? Is there anyway I could blow away my mirror
> > back to a certain revision and resync as opposed to remirroring from
> > scratch?
>
> SVK tracks local and remote revision numbers separately. Because it's
> not simply a tool for making a copy of a remote repository but a
> system for mirroring one or more repositories and making local changes
> and branches, there's no way that the revision numbers can be identical.

In my case I don't think this is true. The mirror is intended to be a
"true" mirror of the SVN repository, the only changes made to it are
by syncing from the SVN repo. The most recent revision number in the
mirror was at least 2 higher than the same changeset in the original
repo. I restored a backup of the mirror from a week or two ago and
resynced, and now the revision numbers are off by 1, which I have
found is due to the 1st revision of the mirror being the creation of
the mirror. I attribute the additional revisions that occurred in the
mirror to accidentally committing a change to the mirror in an attempt
at moving it or creating a copy of it for the purpose of local
branches. Is there any way to create a mirror of a repo that does not
have an extra initial revision for its initialization?