[svk-users] using svn to access local svk repo

Faisal N Jawdat faisal at faisal.com
Thu Jan 31 13:54:09 EST 2008

Is it a bad idea to use svn to check out from a local svk repository?

Scenario:

I have an svn repository on, let's say, upstream.com.

I have pulled that to //mirror/repository and copied that to //local/
repository, both stashed in ~/.svk/local.

I have a bunch of tooling that plays well with svn, but doesn't work
with svk.  It's possible to 'svn ci' against the local repository (file:///Users/faisal/.svk/local/local/repository/trunk
, etc.), which gets the files, and checking back in makes files
accessible to svk for checkout, pushing upstream, etc.

What concerns me is if svk expects some structure or metadata in the
local repository that svn breaks.

Any clues?

-faisal