[svk-users] TortoiseSVN destroys mirror...

Marko Kaening mk362 at mch.osram.de
Wed Jun 25 08:29:10 EDT 2008

I had a repo mirrored on my wxp console.

Then I committed to the mirrored repo DIRECTLY via TortoiseSVN.

After the commit "svk sync //mirror" would not work anymore.

Turned out that "svk mirror -l" doesn't list //mirror anymore.

Looks like the commit via TSVN destroyed the //mirror...

A try to reassign the mirror fails with the message that /mirror exists
already. But as noted above, it is NOT listed anymore...

_______________________

So, I guess, it is not wise to DIRECTLY work on the MIRROR of a repo and I
should only try such a thing with local copies of a mirror.

But even that does not seem to work:

(Although I did state-of-the-art mirror and local dirs) it turned out that
the via TSVN committed version 12 did somehow lead to no difference:
---
H:\>svk push //local/svntest
Auto-merging (0, 12) /local/svntest to /mirror/svntest (base /mirror/svntest:10)
.
===> Auto-merging (0, 12) /local/svntest to /mirror/svntest (base
/mirror/svntest:10).
Merging back to mirror source
svn+ssh://kaening_mch-rlspc2@flmpc21/home/kaening/svntest.
Empty merge.
---
Why is that?

The original working copy I was working on clearly was changed on commit.
But it's not reflected anymore in a newly checked out wc after this
commit. Strangely enough there is actually the log entry displayed by TSVN
in both working copies. Only the new wc didn't show any change.

I guess I am doing something completely wrong with my TSVN...

Any idea from the list?