[svk-users] Mirroring question/problem

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 3 16:32:04 EST 2008

>> but that rerunning "svk sync -a" caused it to continue from
>> where it had stopped. If you try that, do you get further?
>
> I haven't tried "svk sync -a", but just issuing the same command
> again caused it to pick up from where it failed.  The only thing
> I don't know is if the revision it was in the process of copying
> and committing is/was complete.
>
> In other words, using the giving the same "svk sync //mirror/
> Wireshark"
> about a dozen times actually got the repository copied, but I'm
> not sure if there is a way to actually verify the contents to make
> sure it is really good.

sync -a just says "sync _all_my mirrors"

You can rest assured that the resume code is designed to handle
situations like this. All sorts of things can interrupt a connection
while you're mirroring (for me, it's wireless cutting out a few times
a day ;). SVK is designed not to record a transaction until it's
confirmed that it received everything correctly. (And it checksums
your data to make sure the right thing happened)

> One other observation.  The number of revisions committed before
> failure seemed to vary.  Sometimes only about 100 revisions would
> get committed and other times it would be several thousand.

But it seems to be a different pattern for each of us trying. I almost
wonder if there's a server-side cpu or memory limit that's getting hit.