[svk-users] Mirroring doesn't retain eol-type

L. Mark Pilant Mark.Pilant at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 5 09:20:05 EST 2008

After a few problems creating the repository mirror I was interested in,
I have discovered a problem which is going to cause me a lot of grief.

There are files in the source repository with the eol-type set to native
so the file can be fetched, edited, etc. on *nix or Windows systems
equally well.  However the same files (at least the one I checked) in
the mirror does not have this property set.

This is the problem which caused me to look at SVK (over SVN) because
I was unable to build on a Linux (Fedora Core 7) system from a repository
I had created on a Windows system.  It first showed up when I was using
the svn_load_dirs.pl script.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

- Mark