[svk-users] Can copying the svk depot cause weird problems?

Dan Shryock dan.shryock at gmail.com
Thu May 22 17:48:31 EDT 2008

As we started using svk, a fellow developer and I started using the
same svk depot by copying it from my system to his.

Since then we have seen strange things occurring like committed code
being overwritten with an svk pull.

Right now if I do a svk diff of //project/mirroredtrunk to
//project/localbranch I am seeing changes that look like I will revert
code that he has written, and pushed to the shared svn server.

I am completely ok if copying a depot is a problem, and the best
solution is to rebuild one of our depot files. I just want to make
sure that the problems we are encountering will be fixed by changing
one of our depot files before we make any assumptions.  Any insight as
to the cause of these problems and the best solution would be greatly
appreciated.

Dan