[svk-users] is there a fast way to test for a checkout directory?

basic basic at mozdev.org
Tue Sep 2 11:54:51 EDT 2008

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Sep 1, 2008, at 2:53 AM, basic wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  I'm writing a meld plugin to allow browsing a svk checkout
>> directory with meld. Given
>> that svk commands are similar with svn commands, it was really easy
>> (mostly just copying
>> the subversion plugin and modifying it for svk).
>>
>>  However I was not able to find a "fast" way to test if a directory
>> is a svk checkout
>> directory. Right now I'm using "svk info" on each directory and
>> checking the return value
>> (ignoring stdout/stderr). Is there a faster way (from svk command)?
>> If not, how hard is it
>> to write a svk-is-checkout perl script? I've had a quick look at the
>> svk perl modules, but
>> have yet to figure out what is needed to test for checkout
>> directories.
>>

> Is svk st -N any faster?
Not sure. Just realized I was using version 1.08 (Gentoo guys still hunting for a svk
maintainer) and 'svk st -N' in this version doesn't provide a reliable way to detect
unversioned directory under a checkout directory (which is why I ended up using svk info).

I've just installed version 2.0.2, and it seems to work, as it gives '../unversioned-dir'
rather than 'unversion-dir' when I'm in 'checkout-dir/unversion-dir'. And since I'm
actually using 'svk st -Nv' to list the files in a directory, it makes it faster as I
don't call 2 commands (svk info, svk status -Nv). I guess I'll make this plugin require
version 2 of svk.

--
basic