[svk-users] svk and svnmerge compatibility?

Chia-liang Kao clkao at clkao.org
Thu Sep 18 12:31:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/9/18 <in-svk-users at baka.org>

> In message <sjm63ouriwo.fsf at pgpdev.ihtfp.org>, Derek Atkins writes:
>
>    My google fu failed me.  I'm trying to figure out if svk's merge
>    tags are compatible with svnmerge.  I.e., if I do a merge with
>    svnmerge will svk realize this, and if I do a merge with SVK
>    will svnmerge realize this?  I'm asking this because currently
>    I'm using svk, but some of my co-workers are using svnmerge.
>    I want to make sure that if I do a merge and they do a merge
>    we wont get merge conflicts due to duplicate changeset merging.

No, unfortunately svk and svnmerge don't know the metadata of each other at
this point.

> And is it compatible with the new Subversion 1.5 auto-merge
> functionality which obviates svnmerge?

We started to do some integration with 1.5's merge info, however the c level
data structure in subversion is quite complicated (but not impossible), so
it's not even represented in the perl bindings.  But once we have the merge
info recognised, we still need to extend our current trivial merge meta data
to incorporate the more-flexible ones.  I think ruz has the initial design a
while ago.

Cheers,
CLK