[svk-users] preserving logs for local copy

Daniel Scolaro daniel.scolaro at masagroup.us
Wed Apr 15 11:56:28 EDT 2009

I have an svk mirror of a remote svn repository.  I would like to make a
local copy of for users to access via an svn client but I would also like
the logs from the changes committed in the source repository to be available
to the local users.  I tried making a versioned copy like this:

svk cp -p //mirror/repos //local/repos

but that doesn't maintain the log.  I also tried the following:

svk mkdir //local/repos

svk smerge -I -l -B --remoterev //mirror/repos //local/repos

which worked better (the logs were preserved) but, as you might expect,
results in a new ticket being created for every revision in the mirror
(which can get out of hand quickly for a large repository).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dan S.