[svk-users] forcing svk to send authentication

Mark Aufflick mark-perl at aufflick.com
Mon Jan 26 08:23:06 EST 2009

Hi all,

My subversion repository is part public, part private. That is, if you go to:

http://svn.pumptheory.com/repos

you can read the repository without being challenged for
authentication. If you go to eg:

http://svn.pumptheory.com/repos/trunk/internal

then you will be challanged for authentication.

svk fails with this - it sees that the repos root requires no
authentication and so never supplies any and thus skips the protected
paths when syncing.

I tried temporarily requiring auth for the whole repository which
allowed a full sync, but as soon as I reverted to the usual
configuration, I could no longer commit/merge back inside a checkout
from a protected dir since no auth was being sent.

Does anyone know of a way (official or hack) that I could cause svk to
always send authentication? (it is already cached).

Cheers,

Mark.

--
Mark Aufflick