[svk-users] svk cp tree, modify tree, then svk smerge on a sub directory of that tree messes smerge up..

Sven Oostenbrink sven at kionetworks.com
Tue Oct 20 11:46:17 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Anybody who could help me with an SVK smerge problem?

I have tree //mirror/a:

a/test.txt
a/lib/blah.txt
a/lib/moreblah.txt

I copy this tree to b, svk cp //mirror/a //mirror/b

So I have

a/test.txt
a/lib/blaha.txt
a/lib/blahb.txt
a/lib/blahc.txt
a/lib/blahd.txt

b/test.txt
b/lib/blah.txt
b/lib/blaha.txt
b/lib/blahb.txt
b/lib/blahc.txt
b/lib/blahd.txt

Now I modify these files:

a/test.txt
b/test.txt
a/lib/blaha.txt
b/lib/blaha.txt
b/lib/blahb.txt

Now, I want to smerge the changes from a/lib to b/lib and from b/lib to
a/lib.. This means, I do NOT want to merge the changes in the file test.txt
from either tree.

If I svk smerge //mirror/b //mirror/a, all goes well, I see these files
merged:
m b/test.txt
c  b/lib/blaha.txt
m b/lib/blahb.txt

But, as said, I don't want to merge test.txt, so I svk smerge //mirror/b/lib
//mirror/a/lib. Now, all hell breaks loose, and I see ALL files in lib/
merged, including the ones that were not even changed! All show up with
state either g, gg or G.. Worse, each file modified in both a and b tree now
conflicts and when checking the conflict I get THEIRS (the entire contents
of the file from tree a) ORIGINAL (nothing, empty) and YOURS (contents of
the entire file from tree b).. Even though a tree only had a line changed in
the top of the file and b tree only had a line changed in the bottom of the
file, so this doesn't make any sense to me..

g b/lib/blah.txt
g b/lib/blaha.txt
g b/lib/blahb.txt
g b/lib/blahc.txt
g b/lib/blahd.txt

What is this about? I thought svk could do these smerges without problems.
How can I smerge only a part of the tree I copied?

Thanks a lot for any and all help on this subject!

--
Sven Oostenbrink
Coordinador KIO-Labs, KIO Networks

NOC:  01-800-5 CALL-KIO

www.kionetworks.com
www.trustmeitsnotmagic.com

Este mensaje es confidencial.  Si usted no es el destinatario de este
mensaje, le suplicamos se lo notifique al remitente mediante un correo
electrónico y que borre el presente mensaje y sus anexos de su computadora
sin retener una copia de los mismos. No debe copiar este mensaje o usarlo
para cualquier propósito ni divulgar su contenido. KIO Networks se reserva
el derecho de monitorear todas las comunicaciones de correo electrónico
(relacionadas o no con KIO Networks) que se transmitan a través de su
sistema. Muchas gracias.

This email is confidential and may also be privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail and
a copy. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose its
contents to any other person. KIO Networks reserves the right to monitor all
email communications (whether related to the business of KIO Networks or
not) through its networks. Thank you.