[svk-users] svk smerge strange problem

Eriksen Costa eriksencosta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:20:13 EST 2010

Hi there,

I am having a strange problem with svk smerge recently. I have two branches,
both have a common branch as parent in their history.

I developed in both branches, always merging from the first branch (A) to
the second branch (B). The second branch had a parallel development, as a
experimental feature. To resume:

             A (active dev branch)                  B (experimental feature)

             A always smerge'd B.
             new commits on A                      svk smerge //branches/A
//branches/B
             -                                                new commits on
             -                                                new commits on
             new commits on A                      svk smerge //branches/A
//branches/B
             -                                                new commits on
             new commits on A                      svk smerge //branches/A
//branches/B

The problem arrises when I try to make the inverse way: svk smerge
//branches/B //branches/A: I got a lot of conflict notifications (a lot of
not modified files get a D and U status) and at the end, a not so helpful
"Transaction is out of date" appears.

As I have a lot of new files in B that doesn't exist in A, I need to
preserve the dev history.

Transaction is out of date: Directory '//branches/B' is out of date
Please update checkout first.

"Please update checkout first" is not applicable and don't give any clue of
what to do.

Does somebody have any clue?

Thanks.