[svk-users] Using svk to set up 2 way central mirror

Barry Benowitz barry.benowitz at us.panasonic.com
Wed Jun 9 15:18:18 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

There are lots of hints around that suggest to me that this is possible,
but i have seen no instructions. I have a subversion  repository. If I
use either svnsync sync or svk sync to do the mirroring  it takes well
over 3 hours. Because of this, I don't want to give everyone the
overhead of maintaining the complete repository on every machine.

Now, i have two offices, widely separated, with erratic semi reliable
internet between them. So I would like one master respository at my
location and one mirror at the remote location. I would like the
developers in the remote location to be able to checkout and commit from
the mirror and to use svk to sync the two mirrors together, during
periods of good reliable internet service. The hard part it seems to me
is the use of a single mirror of the repository. No?

So hopefully, someone can point out the way to do this or to recommend
another approach. The only thing is we need to keep subversion as the
central repository.

Thanks and Regards,

Barry

--