[HTTP-Recorder] Using http-recorder with https sites

Abap kbarter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:13:42 EST 2004

Hi,

I am new to http-recorder, so I hope this question is not too naive.

Having searched the net for possible solutions, and without much luck,
I thought I would try here.

I would like to use http-recorder to help me create a perl script to
retrieve my banking information.  The website in question is
https://www.atbfinancial.com.

The problem that I am having is that I cannot get http-recorder to do
any recording of ANY url that starts with https:// (I have tried 4
different sites).  I am able to record sites that are standard http
sites.

Here is the script I am running to set up the proxy (It is pretty much
a cut and paste from an example):

#!/usr/bin/perl

use HTTP::Proxy;
use HTTP::Recorder;
use Crypt::SSLeay;

my $proxy = HTTP::Proxy->new( port => 8080 );

# create a new HTTP::Recorder object
my $agent = HTTP::Recorder->new( file => "/tmp/webproxy.log",
                                 showwindow => 1 );

# set HTTP::Recorder as the agent for the proxy
$proxy->agent( $agent );
$proxy->host(undef);

# start the proxy
$proxy->start();

1;

Is there anything special that I need to do to enable the use of https
with http-recorder?

Thanks,

Kevin