[HTTP-Recorder] Can't locate object method "query_param"??

Phil Mitchell seasprocket at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:41:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

I just started using HTTP::Recorder (very cool!), but am running into
problems with forms. Doesn't happen with every form, but here's a
typical example:

Can't locate object method "query_param" via package
"email=spatbuck%40gmail.com&fullname=Phil+Mitchell&pw=&pw-conf=&digest=0&email-button=Subscribe"
(perhaps you forgot to load
"email=spatbuck%40gmail.com&fullname=Phil+Mitchell&pw=&pw-conf=&digest=0&email-button=Subscribe"?)
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/HTTP/Recorder.pm line 347.

This is actually the subscription form for this list
(http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/http-recorder),
I accidentally left H:R on when I tried to subscribe.

The form fails -- it appears that HTTP::Recorder::unmodify is calling
a method on a string?

My setup is pretty simple:

<<END_QUOTE
#!/usr/bin/perl

use HTTP::Proxy;
use HTTP::Recorder;

my $proxy = HTTP::Proxy->new();
my $agent = HTTP::Recorder->new();

$agent->file("/tmp/http_recorder.out");
$proxy->agent( $agent );
$proxy->port( 4567 );

$proxy->start();

1;
END_QUOTE

Originally I thought this might be due to the fact that I'm trying to
record interactions with a catalyst app that I'm running on
localhost:3000 -- but as you can see, the problem arises with internet
forms also.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong!?

tia,

Phil