[HTTP-Recorder] Need help to start with HTTP::Recorder

Archana Gudi archana at teneoris.com
Mon May 30 09:37:22 EDT 2005

Hi ,
I am new to HHTP::Recorder.
I want to generate a perl script using HTTP::Recorder to record the
procedure to login to my yahoo account.

I have a PC with one eth interface and ip address is 192.168.1.20 on
which i am using mozilla browser. I can reach internet using proxy
192.168.1.30:3128.
I have set options no proxy for local host and 127.0.0.1.

Whenever i tried to use the sample scripts listed mailing lists, i don't
see any script being generated, though 'Showwindow' option is set to 1.

Script 'test1.pl' goes like this,

 use HTTP::Proxy;
 use HTTP::Recorder;

   my $agent = HTTP::Recorder->new( file => "/tmp/tmpfile",showwindow =>
1);
   print "agent is $agent \n";

   # initialisation
   my $proxy = HTTP::Proxy->new;
   print "proxy is  is $proxy \n";
   $proxy->host( "192.168.1.20" ); # the classical accessors are here!
   $proxy->port( 3128 ); # the classical accessors are here!

   $proxy->logmask( ALL );
   $proxy->agent( $agent );
   $proxy->start;
   print "...1111\n";
~

After executing the script using 'perl test1.pl' nothing happens.
I can't see any tmpfile or anything. Could anyone of you help me getting
started?

Appreciate your help.

thanks,
Archana