[Pushmi-users] Error installing Pushmi v0.994 on Fedora Core 7

Joe Seeley js3 at qad.com
Thu Aug 2 16:01:19 EDT 2007

Hi there,

That was it, thanks!

Please note that Test.pm bombs if you run it as root. This is because
memcached requires an extra switch when running as root. Here is the
error:

"can't run as root without the -u switch"

I don't have a good suggestion as how to work around this since you need
to have a specific user setup to run memcached and this would vary from
system to system. Just pointing it out as an FYI.

Thanks again,

Joe

Chia-liang Kao <clkao at bestpractical.com>
Sent by: pushmi-users-bounces at bestpractical.com
08/01/2007 08:22 PM
Please respond to
pushmi-users at bestpractical.com

pushmi-users at bestpractical.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Pushmi-users] Error installing Pushmi v0.994 on Fedora Core 7

Hi,

> "Use of uninitialized value in system
> at /root/.cpan/build/Pushmi-v0.994.0/blib/lib/Pushmi/Test.pm line
> 119.
> Can't exec "": No such file or directory
> at /root/.cpan/build/Pushmi-v0.994.0/blib/lib/Pushmi/Test.pm line
> 119.
> No such file or directory
> at /root/.cpan/build/Pushmi-v0.994.0/blib/lib/Pushmi/Test.pm line
> 120."

Looks like you don't have memcached installed?

Cheers,
CLK