[Pushmi-users] svnserve segmentation fault

Peter Craddock Peter.Craddock at coasolutions.com
Mon Jul 30 09:28:45 EDT 2007

I have setup a new test removing apache from the configuration and I
still get a segmentation fault.

I created a directory tree as follows

/SVN/svnserv

            master

            slave

I started the svnserve deamon as follows 'svnserve -d -r /SVN/svnserve'

I then created a master repos under the master directory

svnadmin create auth

I altered the conf files as below

[root at vm_master conf]# more svnserve.conf

### This file controls the configuration of the svnserve daemon, if you

### use it to allow access to this repository.  (If you only allow

### access through http: and/or file: URLs, then this file is

### irrelevant.)

### Visit http://subversion.tigris.org/ for more information.

[general]

### These options control access to the repository for unauthenticated

### and authenticated users.  Valid values are "write", "read",

### and "none".  The sample settings below are the defaults.

anon-access = read

auth-access = write

### The password-db option controls the location of the password

### database file.  Unless you specify a path starting with a /,

### the file's location is relative to the conf directory.

### Uncomment the line below to use the default password file.

password-db = passwd

### The authz-db option controls the location of the authorization

### rules for path-based access control.  Unless you specify a path

### starting with a /, the file's location is relative to the conf

### directory.  If you don't specify an authz-db, no path-based access

### control is done.

### Uncomment the line below to use the default authorization file.

# authz-db = authz

### This option specifies the authentication realm of the repository.

### If two repositories have the same authentication realm, they should

### have the same password database, and vice versa.  The default realm

### is repository's uuid.

# realm = My First Repository

I[root at vm_master conf]# more passwd

### This file is an example password file for svnserve.

### Its format is similar to that of svnserve.conf. As shown in the

### example below it contains one section labelled [users].

### The name and password for each user follow, one account per line.

[users]

# harry = harryssecret

# sally = sallyssecret

pcradd = soccer

pushmi = pushmi

meastm = password

I then created the mirror:

pushmi mirror /SVN/svnserv/slave/auth svn://localhost/master/auth

I then copied the config files from the master to the slave:

I then imported files into master repos

I then synced the slave repos:

pushmi sync --nowait /SVN/svnserv/slave/auth/

All worked as expected.

I then performed a checkout from the slave repos on a different machine

svn co svn://10.2.1.96/master/auth

I then edited a file and tried to commit and I got the following error.

$ svn commit -m"test"
Sending        trunk/README.txt
Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output:
/SVN/svnserv/slave/auth/hooks/pre-commit: line 4: 14050 Segmentation
fault      /usr/bin/perl '-I/usr/lib/perl5/site_per
l/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/
5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.
8.8' '-I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6' '-I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5'
'-I/usr/li
b/perl5/site_perl'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386
-linux-thread-multi'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i3
86-linux-thread-multi' '-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7' '-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendo
r_perl/5.8.6' '-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5'
'-I/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl' '-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thr
ead-multi' '-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8' '-I.' /usr/bin/pushmi runhook $1
--txnname $2

I guess this used my authentication id and password from my previous
import into the master because I was not prompted to supply one. Is this
correct or is it trying to use the username and password from the
pushmi.conf file ? If so how do I force it to use the username and
password from the slave ?

Thanks,

Pete.

whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or
copying is strictly prohibited. Whilst COA takes steps to
prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail,
we cannot guarantee that any email or attachment is free from
computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your
own anti-virus precautions. COA grants no
warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail
or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage,
howsoever caused.

COA is a trading name of COA Solutions Limited, which is registered in England
and Wales No: 3214465

Registered Office: Munro House, Portsmouth Road, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 1TF
For more information on COA and our products, please visit our web site at http://www.coasolutions.com