[Pushmi-users] Pushmi and Ubuntu

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Tue Feb 26 02:43:36 EST 2008

    David> Hmm. Yes, Ubuntu is not debian. :-). The package depends on
    David> the shared library versions where it was built.  You can
    David> try apt-get source memcached (hopefully you download my
    David> version) cd memcached-1.2.2 && debuild that should leave
    David> you with a .deb that you can install with dpkg -i

    Leif> Curses! it grabbed 1.2.1 Is there somewhere I can get your
    Leif> source, or could you send it in an attachment or something?
    Leif> Thank you so much for responding!

Try
    dget http://www.cs.unb.ca/~bremner/debian/pool/main/m/memcached/memcached_1.2.2-1+bremner.dsc

Mind you, I'm not sure this is the easiest approach for getting
pushmi running on Ubuntu.

Looking at the depends for my Debian pushmi packages, I see the
following:

 libapp-cli-perl
 libcache-memcached-perl
 liblog-log4perl-perl
 <libsvn-core-perl> =>     libsvn-perl
 libversion-perl
 libyaml-syck-perl
 memcached
 perl
 svk

You could also see if these packages are already in Ubuntu. Then just
installing them might be enough. The funny angle braces indicate that
libsvn-perl provides libsvn-core-perl.  You can get this output with

	    apt-cache depends pushmi

(since you have my repo)

all the best,

David