[rt-devel] Re: Remote linking

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Apr 27 10:19:01 EDT 2000

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 03:17:32PM +0200, Tobias Brox wrote:
> > I'd go the other way. Include URIs in the RPC mechanism
>
> According to both my favorite web designer and some speaker at the
> LinuxWorldExpo, xml-rpc is really cool.  Well, I'm not really convinced
> that it's so much better than including actions in an URI.
>
> This discussion can safely be postponed - and a syntax like
> fsck.com-rt://fsck.com/instancename=fsck/ticket=332 isn't that ugly, or
> what?

I'd really rather we start with fsck.com-rt://fsck.com/fsck/ticket/332

jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent at wesleyan.edu -- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint:  50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91
Any e-mail sent to the SLA will immediately become the intellectual property
of the SLA and the author of said message will enter into a period of
indentured servitude which will last for a period of time no less than seven
years.