[rt-devel] Date::Kronos

arclight at jump.net arclight at jump.net
Fri Aug 18 03:50:23 EDT 2000

Hi,

On 12 Aug 00, at 2:39, ivan wrote:
> Is http://www1.jump.net/~arclight/perl/ the official distribution
> site, or just some random place?
>
> (finding all this non-CPAN module stuff a bit disconcerting)

It's some random place.

Short Story: I was having trouble installing RT2, specifically
Date::Kronos so I built an installer with h2xs, packaged up the
code and posted it for Tobias' review and comment. Don't take that
archive as anything official; it was a quick contribution.

Speaking of contributions, here's one for the quote file:
"We'd be dead without this." - International Operations,
Excite at Home

FWIW, we (Excite) are looking at replacing our current (lousy) work
tracking systems and RT is the leading candidate (AFAIK). The
guy managing the project has a couple concerns:

* Report generator(s)
* UI for normal users to submit requests
* Oracle support

Don't take these as feature requests, at least not until we tape that
list to a box of cash or an Ultra-2 (or at least some source code).
I'd write the code myself but I'm too busy digging my way out of my
queue. Dammit.

Thanks again,

-- Bob