[rt-devel] DBIx::

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Wed Aug 23 11:06:26 EDT 2000

So, I'm starting to repackage the DBIx:: modules I put together
so that they'll be in the proper format for a submission to CPAN.

One of my primary concerns is that there's already a module
called DBIx::Easy.  I'm taking suggestions for a new name
for EasySeach and co.

At the same time, I'll be breaking out the mysql specific functionality
into a Handle::Mysql to make it easier to add in other databases
without breaking existing code :)

The layout of the new module will look something like this:

DBIx::Modname
DBIx::Modname::Record
DBIx::Modname::Handle
DBIx::Modname::Handle::Mysql
DBIx::Modname::Handle::Oracle
DBIx::Modname::Handle::Postgres
DBIx::Modname::Handle::Someotherdatabase....

I'm currently leaning toward DBIx::CompoundSearch.
Suggestions?

        jesse

jesse reed vincent --- root at eruditorum.org --- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint: 50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91