[rt-devel] RT2 Preview live on the web

Ralph Angenendt ra at letras.de
Mon Aug 28 08:14:30 EDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 12:44:35AM -0400, Jesse wrote:

> I've set up a preview of RT2 as a "free for all" on the web.
> Feel free to play with it. it's not complete, but represents
> the current state of things.

Neat.

Although - one of the things folks are pesting me with at my
workplace is: Can we attach documents to outgoing mails (They all
seem to be MS-Word fiends :)?

I did patch (well, should be: I almost broke) RT 0.9xxx to do
exactly that. (Sorry, non-portable - do not ask me for a patch, it
does not work with anything bigger than this exact version and is
borken beyond repair).

So I was enlightened to find an "Attach" Button in Ticket/Create (if
it is there, it should be painless to tell RT to attach a file in
"Reply to ticket).

"Attach" does not seem to do anything at the moment - but am I right
in guessing, that Users can attach normal Files which are then
stored somewhere and get linked to from within the ticket?

Ralph
Ralph Angenendt       | "Military justice is to justice what military
http://www.letras.de  |  music is to music"
ra at letras.de          |                -- Groucho Marx