[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] RT 1.0.3 is out

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Mon Jun 5 15:52:51 EDT 2000

> and it's difficult to set perms on something that does not exist. :)

Agh ... of course :)  Seems like the "mkdir" line was missing there.

> perhaps do not use ch* -R; instead

no, -R is evil.  I've heard rumors it might traverse through symlinks at
some systems.

> su - rtuser -c fire off install script which ->
> umasks rtuser (to reflect proper mode)
> make ru_path/subdirectories
> installs rt files there

That might work out ... but I don't have the time to fix it at the moment.
If you could make me a patch, it would have been nice :)

--
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are
 cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."