[rt-devel] Multiple Entries due to Network Downtime

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 12 12:05:31 EDT 2000

On 06/12/00 16:33:24 -0400 George Nussbaum <george.nussbaum at exodus.net>
wrote:
+-----
| The T-1 went down for a day and requests got caught in a "loop" and
| produced almost 700 of the same three requests sent.  Is there a way I
| can clear all this out at once or do I have to do it one at a time thru
| the web interface?
+--->8

A short Perl script I use for this; requires Expect.pm (see CPAN); wants
request serial numbers as arguments.  I generally use rtq | awk to generate
the serial numbers.

(\Za is an evil hack to wait for EOF... it can never match.)

use Expect;

my $rt;
foreach my $req (@ARGV) {
  $rt = Expect->spawn('rt', '-kill', $req);
  $rt->expect(30, ':');
  $rt->print("yes\r");
  $rt->expect(30, '\Za');
}