[rt-devel] RT2 and mod_perl

Blue blue at calico.gator.net
Thu Jun 15 10:56:52 EDT 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Tobias Brox wrote:

> > that said, rt doesn't work with 5.6 and mod_perl - or at least, i have not
> > been able to get it to work. :)
>
> Jesse has been able to get it work with mod_perl and 5.005, and I've
> gotten it work with CGI and perl 5.6.0 ... so you'd better try harder :)

bah, 5.005 is easy - there is a whole mailing list devoted to 'why won't
mod_perl run under 5.6?' :P it will be a while before the 5.6/mod_perl
combo is ironed out. apparently the large file support in perl makes
mod_perl blow up - or some such. i've been put on SQL parser deathwatch at
work, so my rt hacking time is gone for a while.

always got time to mouth off on the list, tho. :)

if anyone else wants to try it under 5.6, i can relay the info i got from
the mod_perl list wrt what is probably happening.

--
        Blue Lang                              Unix Systems Admin
        QSP, Inc., 3200 Atlantic Ave, Ste 100, Raleigh, NC, 27604