[rt-devel] possible new feature?

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Mon Mar 13 06:23:12 EST 2000

>   is Text::Template a new edition? i've been using that for a while in
> most of my web work and find that it's really a great module to have.

Edition?  Maybe you mean Addition?  I'm not really sure I understand you
here ... anyway, the new thing is that we will be using Text::Template
(from CPAN) for parsing the mail templates.  Jesse has suggested to go for
HTML::Manson because he's going to use HTML::Mason for the new web UI
anyway, so maybe it's better for consistency.  rt 1.0 has some 10 lines of
substitution code, it's better to use something like Text::Template
(though, the templates do get a bit uglier).

>   in terms of just making it drop in code, would it be better left as
> an external script that ppl can add in if they wish, or as a
> "check-box" option when setting up a queue?

I think it should be easy to make a patch which allows people to choose
different template systems, though I don't really know how necessary it
is.

I haven't thought much about the web-admin UI, nor how to ease the
configuration, though I think Jesse has some ideas about it.  Getting
the new version of RT working locally is pri one (for me) as for now.  I
can handle the administration here by sql statements and hacking.  Maybe
somebody else will submit patches for more easy administation? :)

--
Tobias Brox (alias TobiX) - +4722925871 - _urgent_ emails to
sms at tobiasb.funcom.com.  Check our upcoming MMORPG at