[rt-devel] Reporting Stats and a bug in date display in RT

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Mon May 15 04:14:35 EDT 2000

>             Created:Sat May 13 15:53:56 2000
(...)
>    Date: Sat, May 13 2000 17:33:58
>    Taken by rouilj
>
> For 2.0 the dates should really be standardized in the second format, it
> makes
> life a bit easier.

You're right, it seems a bit messy.  Anyway, if you are to make
statistics, it would be better to connect to the database by SQL.

> Also it would be nice is to have the age field parameter in rtq unit
> settable, so you could get it in days, weeks, hours etc. There is a big
> difference between 2 months and 2 months and 3 weeks.

*nod* - I have been thinking of this, and I hope I can find some smart
solution to this.

>  Putting the age in days or hours would
> work really well for graphing etc.

Then again, you can get it out in seconds easily from the database.  I
don't think statistical tools should go through the CLIs or the API.  It's
just no use.

> The age field should also become a duration field showing the time between
> ticket creation and resolution for resolved tickets.

Seems reasonable - though I can't promise anything.

> Is there a place in the database
> where the resolution time is cached (or zero if the ticket isn't resolved)?

No.

tobix at fsck.com