[rt-devel] License Clarification

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Mon Sep 18 00:09:13 EDT 2000

Following some discussion with friends in the industry, I've clarified
RT's license.  RT is distributed under the GPL version 2. Not the GPL
version 1. Not the rumored GPL version 3.  If the GPL version 3 comes
out and it seems to be the good and right thing to do, I may opt to
relicense RT under that license.

For now, this doesn't really change anything. RT is still distributed
under the same license we all know and love/hate/whatever. But I just
wanted everyone to know that I'd clarified the terms in the code.
This will be reflected in 1.3.19. (Astute readers will note that I've not
yet mentioned 1.3.18. Expect that mail in a bit.)

        Jesse

jesse reed vincent --- root at eruditorum.org --- jesse at fsck.com
pgp keyprint: 50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91