[rt-devel] improvements to request tracker..

Petrus Repo pre at hellfish.org
Sat Aug 11 09:32:25 EDT 2001


I started using Request Tracker and it shortly turned out that it screws
up Scandinavian and newline characters.

I corrected the situation by adding the following regexps to
lib/rt/support/mail.pm 's sub template_replace_tokens{} (right after the
last substitute to $template):

    # corrects incorrectly shown "non-US" characters
    $template =~ s/=([a-fA-F0-9][a-fA-F0-9])/pack("C", hex($1))/eg;
    # corrects incorrect line wraps
    $template =~ s/(=\n)*//g;

I also modified mail.pm so that it adds the following headers to all
outgoing mail:

   MIME-Version: 1.0
   Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
   Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

This worked out and now I see everything correctly in my mails. However,
these modifications do not apply to the web interface which still screws
e.g. all Ä and Ö characters, and wraps every line too early.

Since I don't have much time and I rarely use the web interface, I didn't
attempt to fix it, but I just wanted to let you know about this problem I
had. Maybe you will fix the web thingie for me.. :)

Best regards,

 -- Petrus

More information about the Rt-devel mailing list