[rt-devel] You should really get the HTML out the code....

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Wed Feb 21 10:27:12 EST 2001

At this point in its lifecycle, java doesn't have nearly the write-once
run-everywhere portability that perl does. And the likelyhood of your average
RT user to know enough perl to customize it for their local site is much
higher than the likelyhood of a local administrator to know enough java to
do the same.   At this point in its lifecycle, perl really makes the most
sense as RT's implementation language.  As java matures and stabilizes
(and the freely available language implementations do the same) it's certainly
something I'm going to revisit.

Oh. I couldn't find a pointer to the Java Trouble Ticketing API you mentioned.
if you have a url, I'd appreciate it. Thanks,

        -j

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

. . . when not in doubt, get in doubt.  -- Old Discordian Proveb