[rt-devel] Our RT 2.0.0 hacks

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Fri Jul 6 12:13:02 EDT 2001

Thanks very much for your changes and fixes :)
If you're willing to do up the bigger ones (like the scrips and procmail
recipes) as seperate files with their own readmes, I'd love to drop
them in /contrib.

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:10:32PM +0100, Kevin Croombs wrote:
> 1. Workaround a bug in Mail::Header in lib/RT/Template.pm.  This
> workaround is already in place in lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm, but we
> had problems with long subject lines generated by
> lib/RT/Template.pm.  The fix is:

Something like this will be in 2.0.1

> 2. When a user attempts to correspond, but does not have permission,
> put the transaction through as a comment.  We have a few people who
> correspond with the outside world.  This change allows us to add
> people who don't have ReplyToTicket rights to AdminCC, they can just
> hit reply to comment on email correspondence.  Support staff can then
> pass a sanitised version of those comments on to customers if
> necessary :) Patch for lib/RT/Ticket.pm

You might want to look at moving this change into the mail gateway,
rather than the core.

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

"Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
phasers on the Heffalump, Piglet, meet me in transporter room three"