[rt-devel] I'm a slacker (Announcing enhanced-mailgate)

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue Jun 12 01:14:03 EDT 2001

You've all probably noticed that the frequency of RT cvs commits
and version releases has slowed over the past 5-6 days.  For this, I'm
truly sorry.  Y'all just aren't reporting enough bugs (And yeah, there
are a few things that need fixing still, but they're relatively minor.
none are showstoppers).

I've spent my days twiddling my thumbs and gazing out the window.
Well, to be totally honest, I've spent my days twiddling my thumbs and gazing
out the window and I've spent my nights putting together a little something
for a client that forms the basis of the NEW AND IMPROVED  enhanced-mailgate.

What, might you ask, is 'enhanced' in this context? Well, the new mail
gateway sports the ability to define attributes of tickets on create
with RT-<foo>:  pseudo headers.  But that's not all, you can use the same
headers to update existing tickets by email.  Now, I can hear some of you
thinking "But, email's so insecure"...which is why the enhanced mail gateway
will only perform these actions on tickets if the actor sends their command
messages with an openpgp-compatible signature that's trusted by the RT
mailgate's local Gnu Privacy Guard install.

You should keep in mind that this tool was written for a client and _is not_
currently part of RT proper.  It is likely that it will be rolled into a
future release of RT...but for now, this is NOT freely supported software.
I'm really just not up to dealing with helping folks make this run in their
environments. I've really just got to concentrate on paying contracts and
getting 2.0.0 out there.

        jesse

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

autoconf is your friend until it mysteriously stops working, at which
point it is a snarling wolverine attached to your genitals by its teeth
 (that said, it's better than most of the alternatives)  -- Nathan Mehl