[rt-devel] perl-suid

Jonas Liljegren jonas at liljegren.org
Wed May 9 02:30:25 EDT 2001

Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> writes:

> You shouldn't have to modify anything related to RT to make this
> work right.  I have a dim memory that mandrake has some sort of
> magic switch to make setuid perl work.  You should probably consult
> your vendor.

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux (Testing).  perl-suid comes in a separate
package and gets installed as /usr/bin/suidperl (in 5.6).

It would help if you in the configuration file explicitly asked for
the path for a suidperl.  And if not all programs should be suidpel,
you should ask for both paths.

There is no longer an option to use alternatives to point perl at
suidperl.  ... I could do it manually, but that would breake with an
upgrade.

--
/ Jonas  -  http://jonas.liljegren.org/myself/en/index.html