[rt-devel] Mail sent with no recipient

Jonas Liljegren jonas at liljegren.org
Thu May 10 10:54:56 EDT 2001

Jonas Liljegren <jonas at liljegren.org> writes:

> This is the most disturbing bug.
>
> Mail is generated with no reciever.  In one case, we got a mail from
> an outside requestor.  The ticket was taken and a reply was made.
>
> The requestors response to the reply made it to the ticket system, but
> it was sent out with an empty 'to'.  It should have gone to the owner.

Correction: It *did* also go to the owner.  But one copy of the outgoing email bounced as described below.

I should also mention that I has:

$MailCommand = 'sendmailpipe';
$SendmailArguments="-oi -t";
$SendmailPath = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";
$UseFriendlyToLine = 1;

And I'm using exim.

There is no real reson why I'm using 'sendmailpipe'.  I tried it out
too see if it worked better and didn't switch back again.