[rt-devel] Kill spam from mail

Jonas Liljegren jonas at liljegren.org
Thu May 10 11:05:02 EDT 2001

Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> writes:

> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 01:24:04PM +0200, Jonas Liljegren wrote:
> > In 1.3.70...
> >
> > The RT system is currently rather slow. Many of the pages takes 10
> > seconds to build. The database has around 150 tickets.  /proc/cpuinfo
> > says 76.8 bogomips.  We will move to a faster machine.  -- I just
> > wanted to say that there is a reason for shortcuts...
>
> Bogomips aren't really a measure of CPU speed. they're a measure of how
> fast your computer can execute a tight loop a bunch of times.  Quoting
> raw CPU Mhz is much more useful.

cpuinfo didn't say.  But I think it's a cyrix 166 or something
similar.

But it should run 10 times as fast.  Does that mean that I should get
a 1.6 GHz cpu? :-)

> > One such shortcut would be to react on a ticket directly from mail
> > message.  I would like to add links for killing tickets or taking
> > them.
>
> You can certainly add things to your email templates.

Yes.  I was lazy and thought that you maby would tell me how to do it.

It doesn't say in the documentation.  I could read the source, but I
thought that I should ask first.  (After I spent 15 minutes searching
the archive...)

--
/ Jonas  -  http://jonas.liljegren.org/myself/en/index.html