[rt-devel] Apache error

Mark Vevers mark at ifl.net
Mon May 14 11:08:02 EDT 2001

Jessse,

This is from version 1.3.70 + patches on RH 7.0  (CVS as of Friday
5:00pm GMT)

Apache logs:

[Mon May 14 11:03:48 2001] [notice] child pid 12230 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Mon May 14 11:04:47 2001] [notice] child pid 12233 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
WebRT: Could not create queue: No permission to create queues ()[Mon May
14 15:14:53 2001] [warn] child process 12226 still did not exit, sending
a SIGTERM

First off, this occurs more regularly on ticket creates / updates than
on read only
operations.  It sometimes happens at log in as well.   It seems to
complete the
ticket creation/update , but doesn't return any of the webpage when this
happens
(just closes connection).  It also appears that any errors do not exit
correctly - see the
third line above ....

It used to do it a lot more, but as rt got faster, and I removed all the
unnecessary
Apaches modules which made things a bit bitter again.  A race
condition?  Timeout?
Also, we haven't used rt for a while (i.e. overnight) it seems to be a
bit worse for
a while - stuff swapped out excaberating the issue?

Hope this helps.

BTW if you want any more info let me know.

Cheers
Mark