[rt-devel] Mysql DBI error on make install

Alex Krohn alex at gossamer-threads.com
Wed May 16 13:49:04 EDT 2001

Hi,

> YvrS-DAT02-LI:/opt/src/webrt/rt2 # /usr/bin/perl /opt/webrt2/etc/insertdata
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry 'RT_System' for key 2 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 297.
> RT::Handle=HASH(0x85bb540) couldn't execute the query 'INSERT INTO Users
> (Created, Creator, Name, LastUpdated, Privileged, RealName, LastUpdatedBy,
> Comments) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)'Duplicate entry 'RT_System' for
> key 2
> Creating system user...Could not create user
>
> I see this error now on make install and when running the insertdata script
> arbitrarily.  Any ideas?

Jesse, these were the sort of errors I got. If anything goes wrong
during the install, you are forced to manually remove the user, and/or
drop and recreate the database. Putting prompts in whether this should
be done would be very useful.

Shaun, basically RT has already added the rt user to mysql, and now when
trying to reinstall it's dying. You can delete it manually from the
mysql.User table and you should be fine.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex Krohn                        Email: alex at gossamer-threads.com
Internet Consultant               Phone: (604) 687-5804
http://www.gossamer-threads.com   Fax  : (604) 687-5806