[rt-devel] Weird E-mail header issues

Eric Mandel EMandel at worldnow.com
Mon May 21 13:54:39 EDT 2001

I'm running RT-1.3.77 on Redhat 7.1 with Sendmail. I'm seeing some strange
things with the mail notifications from RT. It seems that whenever a
correspondance is sent, no From: address is included. This is causing
correspondences being sent out to be sent without a from field. What's
happening is that the e-mail being sent is defaulting to Apache at localhost
(when initiated from the web) and mail at localhost (when correspondance is
sent through e-mail). Below is the header from a correspondance sent from
the web. You can see that the From: field does not contain a valid e-mail
address. Any ideas what would cause this?